My fantasy teams are going to cause me to die. My football team in the UDOT league finished next to last and missed to playoffs. We kind if looked like Wyoming down the stretch. MY WYDOT team is trying to hold its own. We made the playoffs but we look sad doing it. So maybe that will help. My 3 (yes three) basketball teams all have one thing in common, injuries. But they will rise like a Phoenix from the ashes. Actually I am in the middle of all packs.
Thursday, November 1, 2007
For those of you who sort of claim to know me ( you all know who you are) you know that I am into sports. Over the past few years I have dabbled in fantasy football. I usually do pretty well. This year I decided to run with the Wyo Boys again and then sign up witgh a new league made up of coworkers down here at UDOT. I am rockin the Wyo Group like always but this new league down here has taken me behind the woodshed. It is an embarrassing situation.
I have started to do fantasy basketball with co-workers down here in two leagues. I have yet to trash them but it is coming......
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
1. The Colorado Rockies made one of the greatest late season runs of all time. Any team who crashes the post season party in that way deserves everything they received except for the sweep. I am an admitted Red Sox fan but still hated to see the Rockies go out that way.
2. Wyoming Cowboy Football....I love where Joe Glenn is taking the team. However all great programs have some sort of consistency at the QB position. Sween may get there, be he needs to return to the form he had when they played Virginia. He looked good, was efficient, eliminated turnovers, and managed the offense.
3. Right now in my short lifetime Josh Beckett is the best big game pitcher I have ever seen. I do remember Orel Hershiser in the 1988 series and he was great but I have seen Beckett do it in each league. When the lights are brightest, his pitchers are near impossible to hit.
4. Is there any team with bigger PR problems right now than the Yankees. Torre, A-Rod, Mattingly, Girardi. Enough said.
5. WWCC Mustang Soccer....Definite program on the rise. With a burly, slightly aged center back, Nat'l champ contender overnight. Just my thoughts......
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
A huge shout out to my sis-in-law Jen for posting me to look like a special boy. I guess that is what I get for commenting to her directly about her blog and lack there of. But I must apologize to all my fans. I am sorry that you have without useless ramblings. I will repent and take charge of the situation. To the left is the absolute best reason for working in transportation.
It has come to my attention that working for the state of Utah has some drawbacks. First and foremost, it would be the people that seem to think that they deserve a raise every time the opportunity has arisen. Maybe they deserve it and maybe they don't, it is not my place to judge. But I am tired of hearing about it. If your boss did not select you for a raise and you have confronted him about it and he explained his side, you get one day to argue. Then shut up and move on. Just be thankful that not all bosses are like Red Foreman (One of my faves)!!! (I so want to be a lot like him.) Well that is my rant for today.
Friday, July 27, 2007
It would seem that a percentage of this world seems to forget that first we are humans and then it deviates from there. I seem to find it ludicrous that so many "stars" are getting the world rocked by scandal and other assorted run ins with the law. We live in an age where any idiot has a camera of some kind and access to the web so if you do something stupid it will be on the web before you get home. Gone are the days when a person could go out and do something stupid, then rush and home and deny all and walk away unscathed. Well I guess we are all going to have to grow up and start acting like responsible humans if we are going to stay out of the gossip columns for being stupid and then trying to use star power to overcome and conquer the justice system. Although it would be nice to be stupid and get away from it because I am somewhat famous for whatever reason. At least then I would only get in trouble half of the time.